Friday, May 28, 2010

Trial Sizes and Tribulations

OK, sorry about that title.  It's pretty bad.  I have to get better at thinking up creative titles to blog posts.  Ventured out to Target after a week of no shopping.  I usually go on Fridays because that's when my favorite coupon-friendly cashier is working.  He even gives my kids Target stickers!  Is it weird if I ask him for his schedule so I make sure never to shop when he's not there?  Probably not a good idea - there are stalker laws, after all!



2 Satin Care  .99 each (used 2 1/1=overage)
2 Bic pens .99 each (used 2 1/1=overage)
3 Tide .97 each (used 3 1/1=overage)
Gerber wagon wheels 2.19 (helper bribe)
York peppermint patties 3.99 (my mom asked me to buy them for her)
Kit Kat .67 (more bribes)
Butterfinger .67 (freebie coupon)
Market Pantry oatmeal 1.94 (for mom also)
3 Olay bar soap .97 (used 3 1/1=overage)
Venus 4.24 (used 3/1)
Venus 5.99 (used 3/1)
Bandaids 1.82 (see notes below)
4 Visine 1.99 each (used 2 5/2=overage)
2 Renu 1.44 each (used 2 2/1=overage)
5 Pepsi 12 packs 4.00 each (used 2/4)
Also .60 deposit for each 12 pack.

subtotal: 27.41
total: 30.23 (8.61 on gc, 21.62 on cc)  Received $5 gc.

A few notes...  I thought all Targets had Pepsi on sale for 5 for $15 but at mine it was 5 for $20.  I didn't realize until after I got home.  Probably wouldn't have done this deal if I had realized.  I could only find one Venus at a clearance price but since I had 3/1 coupons, I did the deal to get a gift card anyway.  The cashier couldn't get the gift card coupon to scan so he just took $5 off my total.  I've been realizing lately how much I would save if I just stuck to a list, but it's hard shopping with kids!!  The Bandaids I was guilted into buying because I had a bunch of 1/1 Nexcare coupons, but I couldn't find them in the travel section anymore.  I had promised Bandaids so I ended up buying them with no coupon.  The shame!!


In diaper deal news...
  • The Huggies coupons keep on coming!  There's a new 2.50/1 Huggies coupon at coupons.com and some diaper and wipes coupons at target.com that are manufacturer coupons.  There's also a wipes coupon at smartsource.com.  Try reprinting the facebook Huggies coupon - it may have reset.
  •  If you didn't get to buy all 5 Huggies at Rite Aid for the Buy 5 Get One Free SCR, check your rebate status anyway because some people were reporting that this deal was clearing after only 3 or 4 Huggies were purchased. 
  •  Starting Sunday, the best diaper deals appear to be Rite Aid and CVS.  CVS Brand diapers are 5.99 and you get back 2 ECB.  I haven't tried these diapers but I've heard some poor reviews so I'm going to skip this one.  Rite Aid has Huggies jumbos for 8.99, and you can use one of the many 3/1 available combined with a 1/1 VV coupon at Riteaid.com.  Then submit for a $2 SCR.  This would make the diapers 2.99.  However, I'm going to try to get overage using this Physicians Formula Rite Aid coupon combined with a manufacturers coupon to make the diapers (and the makeup) free.  There are manufacturer coupons in 3 inserts: 2/28 SS (expires 5/31), 3/21 SS, and 4/18 SS. Also, there are usually peelie coupons right on some of the products.

3 comments:

  1. Where can i find the physicians Formula manufacturer coupons???

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    Sorry I didn't mention this... There are manufacturer coupons in 3 inserts: 2/28 SS (expires 5/31), 3/21 SS, and 4/18 SS. Also there are usually peelie coupons right on some of the products.
    -mb

    ReplyDelete