Saturday, May 15, 2010

Made Money and Got Free Diapers!


Does anyone else feel like sending Nature's Bounty a thank you note??  After all, they have given me so much free stuff over the past few months!

Here's what I got today at CVS:

1st transaction (my card)
Cottenelle 4.99
Coke .88 + .05 deposit
U by Kotex 4.99
Huggies 8.49
2 Nature's Bounty 6.99 BOGO
2 Nature's Bounty 4.99 BOGO

Coupons used:
4 5/1 Nature's Bounty
3/1 Huggies
1/1 Kotex
7 ECB (3 were from doing a survey)

subtotal:  -.62
total: .51 on gift card
Got  4.99 ECB for Kotex, 2 ECB for Huggies

2nd transaction (husband's card)
U by Kotex 4.99
Huggies 8.49
2 Nature's Bounty 5.99 BOGO
2 Nature's Bounty 4.99 BOGO
2 Maxwell House Coffee 5.79 for 1, .01 for the other
CVS cotton rounds .99

Coupons:
3/15 CVS coupon emailed to me
4 5/1 Nature's Bounty
3/1 Huggies
1/1 Kotex
1/1 Kotex CVS
1/1 Nature's Bounty *
1 CRT CVS facial item
1 ECB

I also bought 6 Beneful dog food containers that were in the clearance section.  I should have scanned them but didn't because I bought a bunch in clearance a week or so ago.  They rang up 2.89 each!!  That's SO expensive for dog food!!  I knew something was wrong when my total came to 19.61!  Anyway, I paid, then figured out what happened and returned the dog food.  I was refunded 18.73 so I actually paid just  .88 on a gift card for everything!  I received 2 ECB for Huggies and 4.99 for Kotex.

*My favorite cashier was working at CVS today.  He just said "wow" when he got to my totals!  There was a 1/1 peelie on one of the Nature's Bounty bottles.  After scanning my 4 5/1 coupons, he peeled it and scanned that too!  So I got an additional $1 off.  Thank you cashier!  I wish everyone could be so coupon friendly!

Then on to Rite Aid.  After feeling annoyed that I calculated wrong and paid way too much for Rite Aid brand baby wipes, I decided to return them today.  So 6.79 back on my credit card.  Then I finished up the Benadryl double dip, finally.

Here's what I got:
2 Tresemme 3.29 each
4 Benadryl 4.99 each
2 Nature's Bounty 8.99 BOGO (could have gotten a cheaper one for more overage, but my mom actually uses this kind)

Coupons:
5/25 Rite Aid
2 5/1 Nature's Bounty
4 1/1 Benadryl VV
2 4/2 Benadryl
2 2/1 Tresemme RA coupons
BOGO Tresemme

subtotal: 3.24
total: 3.37

I made a mistake and handed over my 2/1 Tresemme coupons before the BOGO.  The cashier then wasn't sure if she should enter the price for the BOGO before or after the coupon.  She asked a supervisor, who didn't seem sure either, so they decided to take off the price after coupons (1.29 instead of 3.29).  Oh well.  I'm just so happy to be done buying Benadryl.  Now I should get back $45 from the RA SCR and allergy rewards.  





2 comments:

  1. If the sales had already reset at your store.. then the clearance had just gone back to full price. So you might try going back later today or monday and see if the dog food scans clearance again.

    It's annoying how their clearance stuff resets to full price each week UNTIL they set it back to the clearance price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kc! I didn't realize that the CVS clearance does that. I will definitely go back and try it this week. Wet dog food is always expensive, but my dog LOVES it! He's a little spoiled, but over $2 for one container is way too much!!!
    -mb

    ReplyDelete