Sunday, September 19, 2010

Amazingly Easy Black Bean Salsa Dip

One of my co-workers made this for a work party a couple of years ago, and I asked her for the recipe.  Over the years, I've simplified it again and again until now it's so easy I can make it while holding a small child.  And isn't that the kind of recipe every mom needs? :)


All you need to do is drain a can of corn, a can of black beans, and a can of diced tomatoes (choose a zesty one for more flavor).  Dump them all into a giant bowl, mix it together, and top it off with some Paul Newman's Balsamic Dressing.

The original recipe listed this specific dressing and I haven't wavered from that.  I'm sure other balsamic dressings would be fine, but I haven't tried yet...  Serve with tortilla chips and you have a snack, an appetizer, or even a simple meal for a relaxing night watching a movie.  You could even put this in a fancy bowl and bring it to a party.  I promise everyone will think you put in more work than you did!  The best part of this recipe is that my fussy children love it and they eat some corn, tomatoes, and beans (3 things that they are often fussy about when served by themselves or in different forms).

For all you adventurous chefs, the original recipe called for scallions and garlic and a few other little additions, but then you would need full use of both extremities. :)

**Please enter my giveaway!  The chances of winning are very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment