Friday, April 23, 2010

Mission: Target Money Maker


I didn't buy diapers at Target today, but not all of the deals I do will directly involve diapers. However, the money makers will be giving me funds to cover the costs of future diapers. In other words, no diaper money out of pocket!

Here's what I got:

5 Buddy Soaps (.97 each) (I really like these! But my husband peels off the green foamy stuff.)
3 Scrubbing Bubbles (2.49 each)
1 bag of Goldfish (1.66) (not pictured)
1 Individual Quaker Oatmeal (.93)

Coupons:
5 1/1 Johnson and Johnson
1 1/1 Oatmeal
1 Scrubbing Bubbles free coupon (I got this by complimenting the product.)
1 2/2 Scrubbing Bubbles peelie found on product
1 Get a $5 target gift card when you buy 3 scrubbing bubbles products
Total: 10.35 including tax* (paid with gift card previously received)

*I paid this, thought it was high, and then realized that I was charged $5 for the gift card that was supposed to be free. I saw on the We Use Coupons message board that this happened to someone else. So be careful if you are doing this deal! Customer service gave me back $5 in cash. So I basically paid 5.35 and got a $5 gift card! $.35 out of pocket, and now I will submit for SC Johnson $5 rebate when you buy 3 products.

Other things I did today to get extra diaper funds:
  • Clicked on a few mypoints.com emails (will eventually redeem for drug store gift cards)
  • Did a few paid surveys
  • Stopped by Walgreens again - still no Vitamin D that produces the Register Rewards :(
  • Here's something pretty cool... If you get emails from magazines.com, check to see if you got one titled "$5 Gift Card Enclosed for Mother's Day Deals. There is a gift card code that can be used toward a magazine purchase OR - and here's the weird part - A $5 CHECK?!?! I got one of these emails a few months ago from them, and sure enough, a few weeks later a check arrived in the mail, no strings attached!
Plan for tomorrow:
  • ShopRite Scrubbing Bubbles Moneymaker!
  • CVS overage using more Nature's Bounty coupons
  • Possibly Rite Aid
  • Call to Walgreens in the morning to see if they restocked Vitamin D. I'm not driving over there again if the shelves are bare!

No comments:

Post a Comment