Thursday, June 17, 2010

Free Father's Day Gift But Still Messing Up at Wags




First, a great Rite Aid trip...
Mousepad 11.69 (used freebie VV coupon, took off 12.99!)
Huggies jumbo pack 8.99 (used 3/1 from coupons.com and 1/1 vv)
trial pack of Tugaboos .89 (used 1/1 found inside trial pack)
Ivory soap 3 pk .99 (used 1/1 from Rouge coupons mailed to me)
Herbal Essence shampoo 2.49 (used 1/1)
used 5/25
subtotal: .06
total with tax: .47 on gift card, received 1 +Up for Huggies, and will submit for 1.50 SCR (Herbal Essence).  This will also count toward buy 5 get 1 Huggies

Now my not so great Walgreens trip...
Nivea bodywash 5.99 (used 3/1)
2 Reach total care toothbrushes 4.79 each (used BOGO and in-ad 3/1 coupon)*
Nestle crunch bar .39
used 2.50 RR
subtotal 2.67
total with tax: 3.72 on gift card, received 6RR for Nivea

I expected the in-ad coupon to take off $6 automatically, but it only took off 3.  I think this happened because I believe the cashier scanned the RR before the in-ad coupon, which brought my subtotal below $6.  Oops.  Still learning all the ins and outs of Walgreens.  Maybe I'll try this transaction again tomorrow and try to redeem myself.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mb,
    I used to forget to scan the Wags Qs all the time and so now I just clip it like any other coupon and put it with my other coupons for Wags and don't have any issues. If I know I am going back again, I will ask for it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chitra,
    I never tried asking for an in-ad coupon back at Wags... the cashiers don't give you a problem with that? I feel like I get so sidetracked counting items and counting coupons at Wags to make sure I don't have more coupons than items!
    -mb

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're right! You don't have enough to cover the overage, that why it didn't deduct the full $6.00. It happened to me also. Next time, give your RR last. HTH

    ReplyDelete