Wednesday, June 23, 2010

CVS Meeting All My Needs

A little over a year ago, I never used to go to CVS.  Occasionally I'd stop in for something like hair dye or makeup.  But now using Extra Care Bucks, I manage to pick up all kinds of random things that we need like dog food and dish washing detergent...Even when these things aren't on sale at CVS, it's better to use ECB than real money, right??  I'm jealous of the couponers with awesome stockpiles who NEVER need to buy anything when it's not free or almost-free, but I'm not there yet.  Hopefully one day!



Transaction 1:
1 roll of tape - clearance .62
Maxwell House decaf coffee 3.00
2 Colgate 2.99 each (used 2 1/1)
3 powerbars .99 each
used 6.99 ECB
subtotal: 3.58
total with tax: 4.11 on gift card, received 2.97 ECB from powerbars, 4 ECB from colgate

Transaction 2:
2 cascade 2.99 each
2 alpo dog food cans 1.19 each
stamps 8.80
used 16 ECB
subtotal: 1.16
total with tax: 1.83 (1.46 on gift card, .37 in coins) / None of these things were a great deal, but I had ECB expiring today and used them for things I am always in need of.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the CVS thing. I never used to even go in there and now am in at least once a week. I wish I could stockpile more food there as I have bodywash coming out of my ears. Just got a box of Huggies there this week for a dollar and change after my ecb's and coupons. Cant beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all the bodywash deals have been crazy lately! I need to work on my stockpile of dog and cat food, veggies, and paper towels. Of course, I'm always adding to the diaper stockpile!

    ReplyDelete